:: 5 things I would like to do today ::
- Grow some wings and fly up to Tom at his university and give him a hug.
- Sit in front of the fire and sew up my knitted dog (I'm not enjoying this bit and want it over!)
- Have a play with my new Hipstamatic app (results of some playing in this post.)
- Look through my button tins.
- Watch the birds on my feeders.
(Gee whizz - reading this back I sound ancient! I'm content with a rather boring, sedate life! This the lifestyle of a granny not someone who's 'on fire' as in 'Whoa, Jane Goble's on fire..er' Should I mention I love the Antiques Roadshow too. Damn. I probably ruined my chances with Chris Martin now!
:: 5 things I have listened to in the last few days ::
- Proof - by Coldplay, my current favourite song. I sort of re/discovered it on Christmas Eve. I was aware of it's existence but for some reason never really listened to it properly until Matthew and I were in the kitchen cooking, having a music session and when I heard the lyrics (obviously written for Gwyneth. Oh that lucky woman) I nearly fainted with love. I love how he calls her bright spark and how he finds proof in her. Sigh..
- A Song For While I'm Away - Thin Lizzy (discovered yesterday)
- I'm Gonna Creep Up On You - Thin Lizzy (discovered yesterday)
- The most beautiful sound of a Robin singing his heart out at playtime on Friday at school, despite the children being only feet away from him. Needless to say I was transfixed for a minute or two watching him.
- The laughter of my dearest friend Justine. Love that girl.
:: 5 things I've watched in the last few days ::
- Black Swan. Good.
- The wonderful Larkrise To Candleford.
- The birds. Obviously!
- Alice growing up particularly fast (we are looking at sixth forms. Already. Cor Blimey.)
- The stars. My latest want is a Planisphere.
:: 5 things that have made me laugh in the last few days ::
- Lucy getting really exasperated by me when we went to Totnes to the charity shops and I amassed a collection of free wooden coat hangers throughout the day, albeit a rather large collection with some I probably wasn't going to use, and then struggled to carry them.
- Being told by a hysterical 6 year old who was frustrated because she hadn't learnt her weekly spellings, that "You don't know what it's like to be a child!" Mmm!
- Listening to Lucy's feeble excuses she was trying to concoct to tell her driving instructor that she didn't want to drive home from the very quiet road she had been practising on. In fairness it was her 3rd lesson and the way home would be on the very busy ring road; but the excuses were bordering on the ridiculous - my favourite being that she was worried about an otter running into the road and causing her to crash. Obviously she wouldn't say that to him..you knew that..right??!!! (The instructor sensibly decided that she will drive home this week after all - otter or not!)
- Getting the giggles frequently at inappropriate times at school, when it should be the children not an adult behaving in such a childish manner.
- Losing Alfie last night but being able to hear him meow. Searching high and low only to find him squashed on a kitchen cupboard shelf!
:: 5 things I have loved the last few days ::
- The above thrifted doggie dish which Lucy and I are tussling over.
- Playing the 'Words with Friends' (Scrabble) App with Matthew who's in Winchester.
- Having a new, non-mouldy wooden kitchen worktop. Still revelling in that though I'm bordering on paranoia if anyone goes near it!
- Here's a surprise..my birds..particularly my little Blackcap .
- The fact that I have gone 34 days, the longest ever (without being pregnant) without a migraine. And that my dear friends is such a good thing.