Yes, this morning at approximately 9.15 am, (whilst still in my pyjamas), I sewed the last flower on. In fact I would have finished sooner, much sooner had it not been for a Parents' Evening at Alice's school (how inconsiderate!) and those pesky little flowers. I've been making flowers and leaves all week. First I tried the ones from the actual pattern but I don't think I did them correctly because they looked odd; so I made up my own. Then I couldn't choose the colours or how many I should do (I ended up making 7). After that it was the leaves - should I or shouldn't I? Also whenever I picked up my hook at school the bell would go signaling the end of playtime/lunch.
As you can see, in the end there are no leaves, 3 flowers, 3 colours and obviously no ringing bells. I even made the actual cushion pad inside because (a) I couldn't find a round one (b) I remember when I had seen round pads they were crazily expensive (c) I was concerned that a white pad would show through the stitches (d) I found some cheap, almost identical in colour, plain chintz which I then cut and sewed together 2 circles and then stuffed with filling from a cheap pillow..so much cheaper than the proper stuff. I would have preferred a feather pad but hey, we have a credit crunch going on here and I have to show Anth I am doing my best to spend less., well, trying anyway.
So there we have it. I have really loved making it, and I would go as far as saying that it has been one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever done. But alas, I'm not holding out on it looking like this for very long given what treatment our cushions get and Alfie does this weird clawing,padding thing on our cushions before he sleeps. So I think I will just have to start another one..now what colour shall it be...
P.S In honour of my darling husband, tomorrow I will be doing a series of posts called, 'Anthony Week.'
He doesn't know it yet..ha!