I've spent nearly 4 days at my sewing machine. 4 days! All those projects, big and small that have been going around in my head for months have finally been allowed to escape and reach my finger tips. I will show you this week in a few posts rather than bore you in one enormous one.
Here is the first cushion. Both cushions I made have a frill around and I think just making those took the most time. My rather basic machine jams every few inches and because I so love frills (gosh, does that make me officially "girlie?" Hope not - as even though I love pretty things I have a raucous sense of humour that's not remotely girlie!) ) I bought a ruffler foot (??) for my machine. Huh! I have absolutely no idea how to attach it - let alone use it. Infact I can't even work out which way up it goes! Who knows how effective it would have been if I had known how to use it, instead
I just persevered for hours. But I think it was worth it. I think my little frill makes it. Now, I do have a another problem with my cushions. They take quite a battering by the family. They are bent in half, thrown on the floor, sat upon, used as handy stepping stones, used as a cat's bed as well as a handy weapon...the list is endless...and I'm always horrified that no one seems to be able to use them properly. With that in mind, I walked into the sittingroom this rainy Sunday and came across this..
..my day old cushion already being put to good use. Well - at least it's not bent in half..yet!