Dear Blog Readers
The lady of the house has a hugely deserved day off as she's 43 years young today!!! By way of celebration the entire family have decided to put 43 facts about Mummy/Janie that best describe her. The picture is my favourite taken 18 months ago.
So here goes...
1. Janie has lived with and blessed me for more than half her life - we met when she was 20yrs old.
2. She is never far from exploding into raucous laughter which fills the house with her warmth and fun.
3. Janie has the cutest tiny hands & feet (size 3 no less) that were ever created - which fit perfectly into mine - the hands I mean!
4. To describe Janie as passionate about her crafts, home, music & fabrics would be like describing Cath Kidston as someone who quite likes floral things!
5. She is the most thoughtful person I have ever met. Who else would remember to buy Alfie an advent calendar for his first Christmas?
6. Personal career over professional career every time. Jane is the most precious & loving wife, and wonderfully nurturing mother to our three wonderfully made children. This will always show up the likes of Bill Gates and Richard Branson when defining the true meaning of success.
7. Opinionated and argumentative? You bet. Never have a half baked idea or controversial view without being prepared to defend the indefensible - particularly when it was me that broke the latest Greengate glass or highly treasured plate - lovingly & carefully purchased from a local charity shop.
8. Janie's favourite thing in the whole world is to 'buggle' in - sometimes shortened to 'bug in'. This is when she draws the curtains, lights the fire (ultimate favourite thing to do) puts her oil in the light-bulb ring and snuggles down on the sofa - always sewing or sticking in her 'inspiration books'.
9. A word in edge-ways... umm ..something that must be diligently and expertly worked at if you wish to have a chance to break into Janie's deliberations, observations and reflections on the world going by.
10. Last but by no means least, Janie's capacity to love me and all my faults unconditionally, totally and eternally will always be the definition of the person who I remember most longingly and lovingly each year on the 28th November. Happy birthday my love xxx
Mummy, a kind, lovely mother to have! Me, being Alice, the youngest in the house, I think I know nearly every detail of her life! We all want to make this Birthday special. Nearly as special as she is.
11. She is truly attached to her blog and to the computer. Who else would kick us off every time we have just come to the computer!
12. I have never met or known anyone as obsessed as Mummy is with Chris Martin! Only last Sunday Mummy, Daddy and I went into Marks and Spencer's to have a look around. As we walked past the radios 'Yellow' by Coldplay suddenly came on, and of course she clutched the radio and turned it up so loudly, singing along that people were turning around staring! Daddy and I walked off in embarrassment acting like we didn't know this crazy women!!!
13. Mummy likes to have a laugh. That's why she loves Jonathon Ross, Ricky Gervais, Little Britain & Trigger Happy TV! But she really enjoys telling funny stories and listening to them as well.
14. I've got to tell you that not only is she obsessed with Chris Martin; she is also completely obsessed with Persian cats! Of course that is why we have Posy and Alfie. But I couldn't be happier with the type of cats we have because although they have squashed in faces; they're still a delight to have in our small family and makes it all the merrier!
15. Well what else can I say? Oh yes,manners. In this house Mummy goes over the top about them! Throughout my life she has and still is teaching manners and how to be polite and considerate! But at least now we know how to act when we have guests in the house.
16. Just this second she has come in wanting me to make her a cup of tea! I'm not sure if she's told you about this yet; but she wants me to make her tea nearly five times a day. Which now I know what's coming when Mummy calls my love name 'Tiny'.
17. As I have just said Mummy has a problem with calling everyone (as she calls it) love names for nearly everybody she is close to! For example- Tom- Prince munna, Lucy- Doodle, Me Alice- Tiny, Daddy- Button, Uncle Matthew (one of her brothers)- Baby He, Steven (one of her other Brothers)- Stinky, William (Her 3rd and final brother)- Wilfie, Granny (her mum)- My Beau, and Poppa- Red or Wib.
18. Mummy also adores Christmas ( but i can't blame her, because Christmas is lovely!) She loves it so much that she decided to play Christmas music in the middle of August! And as Daddy has again said about, she has brought little Alfie the newest member of the family an Advent calender. Bless!
19. She adores listening to her music and reading house magazines. Our house is filled with magazines and books about 'country style' but we don't live in the country.
20. I'm nearly running out with things to say so I'll have to pass the keyboard to Lucy now. But there is one final thing I do want to talk about. She is just GREAT and sometimes i don't realize how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mum as she is!I know that now I'm growing up; she'll always be there to support me through my life now and to come!!! I love you so much Mummy, i can't wait to see you smiling, enjoying your day!
21. Sometimes i wake up at about four or five in the morning and see her light still on, so when i go to turn it off ,i find her sitting up asleep with a book fallen by her side! Every night without fail, she goes to bed with an ice lolly and a hot water bottle...even in summer!
22. Her favourite foods include:-
Crunchie's, Walkers Baked crisps, Fanta Fruit Twist (even my friends have begun to notice her obsession with it) and Lindor chocolates.
23. She thinks this is the funniest thing on TV recently...I'm A Celebrity
24. Sometimes, she drives all the way to the cinema just to buy popcorn to eat at home...by herself!
25. She has lived in Paris, New Zealand, Scotland and of course England.
26. She is a noisy sleeper, I often hear her snoring in bed at 1.00 or 2.00 in the morning.
27.She is really over protective of me and the rest of the family which is a lovely, reassuring quality, but can get annoying from my point of view :P
28. She is very opinionated over her and other peoples taste in music, it can be annoying but I tend to go along with whatever she says to avoid an argument, but on the other hand she likes some great stuff!
29. She loves reading and watching REALLY depressing non fiction books and television programmes.
30. She would love to be a midwife or an undertaker as she finds these jobs "fasinating".
31. She claims to like James Bond films as they are "English" but can't stay awake or follow the plot through one (she's just being 'blonde' says my dad!!)
32. She loves a wide selection of television programmes from the cheesy predictable depths of "the Waltons" "Midsummer Murders" and "Heartbeat" to the decent and thrilling "24".
33. She randomly whistles on a regular basis claiming it is a "love whistle".
34. She hates most sports, particularly football, claming that she "can't bear" the noise of the fans, particularly the drums.
35. She has recently developed a love of doing sudoku and crosswords.
36. She hates cooking with a passion, saying that there is better things to do than spend hours making something which is then gone in minutes.
37. She claims that she would love to live in a retirement home so she can sit around chatting all day, doing crafts and drinking tea with a blanket over her knees.
38. She calls Lucy a "traitor" if she listens to anything other than Coldplay.
39. She loves her garden
40. She tries to remember to take her camera everywhere in attempt to get a good photo for her blog.
41. Like most women she HATES spiders and claims their hairy legs make her "retch".
42. She also HATES sand and claims the feeling of sand between her toes makes her feel ill.
43. She (like her mother) jumps at anything, even if somebody she knows walks slowly through the door.
There, 43 things about the woman we love. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.